August 15, 2014

ECO FRIENDLY MENSTRUAL CUP



I heard about Menstrual cups (also known as Moon cups or Lunette) for a while, I'm always in the hunt for environment friendly products and if I can save money even better :) But what really made me go for it was the fact that I don't need to worry anymore in packing my favorite tampons when traveling, some places in Asia you cannot even find tampons and using pads is the same as wearing diapers.

I purchased mine from Ebay  (only 10€ and free shipping) one month ago. Brought it with me for this mini Euro trip and finally used it. I won't lie that I was in panic first time I tried it, it felt wrong but after 3 times using it I felt in love with this new friend. 

So what is this Menstrual cup about, you are asking? It's a reusable menstrual protection product easy to use: Just fold, insert like a tampon and it collects blood rather than absorbing it. You empty it rather than changing it. Also doesn’t absorb moisture like tampons or cause sweating like pads. The material is a soft medical grade silicone which is hygienic since it naturally discourages the growth of bacteria, the risk of infection is much less than that of tampons or pads. It's texture makes it easy to insert and it is reusable from 5 to 10 years.

You can choose between two sizes Medium and Large, the first is good for girls who didn't lose their virginity or a woman who never been pregnant and the second is suitable for women with children.

Main Benefits:


♥ Environment Protection: No cardboard, cotton, plastic, wrappers or applicators to be thrown away, reducing the amount of waste you produce. 

♥ Save Money: You buy one and lasts for several years.

♥ Hygienic Alternative to pads and tampons: It's healthier because is made from soft medical silicone and is latex-free, hypoallergenic and doesn't contain plastic, bleach or toxins. It's non-absorvent so won't cause dryness and doesn't disrupt your body's natural pH levels.

Convenient: It holds at least three times as much as fluid as a tampon, giving longer lasting protection on heavier days (you can keep it max 12 hours and are able to sleep wit it on). Also because there's no string attached you are more discreet and no need to have spare ones on your handbag all the time.

I just started using it now but if I can clarify any questions, please feel free to ask by e-mail or in the comments. Did you ever heard about menstrual cups? What are your thoughts about them?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Gurl, I've never even heard of this. Can you please share your thoughts (in the future) about it, like experiences, ideas, thoughts, etc? Thank you, Chica :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using my Lunette for over a year now and I've never looked back! Besides its environmental benefits, it's SO much more comfortable than tampons as it doesn't "hurt" when it's full or nearly full.
    I recommend it 100%! :)

    www.joanofjuly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catarina for your opinion, I guess it's a bit weird in the beggining but you easily get the habit. I agree, way more comfortable then the regular tampons :D

      Delete

What's in your mind? Express yourself :)