January 4, 2014

2013 IN REVIEW

I cannot complain at all, I had a brilliant year, I've done everything I wanted :) In 12 months I travelled 10, yes TEN MONTHS TRAVELING IN 2013, it's my record. From December 2012 until March 2013 I travelled in Central America: Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Honduras and Panama. It was a great experience, my first time traveling with a boyfriend, awesome cultures, learn spanish and about my favorite civilization: Mayas! Watched the most stunning Nature, Climb a 3000 metres volcano, left all my precious things (passports, visa, money, cell phones) in the car that we got a ride and got every single thing back (read the story here), met up Gabriela (we travelled 2 weeks together in Vietnam) and Rodrigo and spent New Years Eve together, we seen alligators twice in wildlife and ate crocodile (yukkk), hitch hiked in Mexico (it's easy peasy), lost the flight back to Portugal and much more.



On June we decided to go on a road trip and visit the North of Portugal. Fell in love with our country (read the related posts here and here) But our biggest adventure was during the Summer from July to September we hitch hiked from Portugal to Istanbul and back with few money, we challenged ourselves and our limits and I'm glad I'm alive :) Nothing really bad happened to us, only small incidents (like the turkish driver touching my leg and we asked him to drop us off in the next gas station, it was 2am). I'm mostly grateful to the turkish truck drivers who saved us many times when we were waiting for a ride for a while or in a terrible spot. In the way I visited many of my friends I met in other trips and it was great to be with them again!

On September we flew to California for Paul and Jess adorable Wedding and ended up working one month and a half in Farms, saved enough money not to work the next months. I stayed in USA 3 months and had the time of my life! Hopefully I come back this Fall, I left many special friends there.

Even though Europe and California are in my heart, I miss a lot exploring countries with different culture as mine, I miss India, I want to go to South America soon. I enjoy best countries where I get to experience the difference. But I'm not complaining I'm happy what 2013 brought me!! I fell the real freedom and that's also because I'm out of the system for 2 years now. It's the best feeling a human being can have!! Also hard to achieve because it first comes from the inner you and you have to work that out yourself, no one can do it for you.

Came back to Portugal to celebrate Christmas with my family (2011 I was in Vietnam and 2012 I was in Mexico) and New Years Eve with close friends including a couple who's living in Australia and a friend who will move to Angola soon.

I'm very very happy for 2013, I think 2011 was the terrible year, 2012 year of change and 2013 THE year. I don't agree that 2013 flew by fast, it was pretty slow for me: I experimented many things, discovered many places, met up many beautiful souls. Finally I can say I have a clear idea now of what I want to do and reborned, feeling the same old Marta again, that kid that doesn't take life too serious and is always ready for a good laugh.

I'm soooo damn ready for 2014!! Bring it on babyyyy!! 

1 comment:

  1. It was nice to read this, Marta!
    and ... " Finally I can say I have a clear idea now of what I want to do and reborned, feeling the same old Marta again, that kid that doesn't take life too serious and is always ready for a good laugh. " ~ was absolutely a great one!!! Way to go Gurl, or bring it on, as U say :D

    ReplyDelete

What's in your mind? Express yourself :)